Daughters of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Destance, being different is a crime. Enter at your own risk, fight, fall, and die as one of them. Or perhaps, rise above it all. Maybe you can set them free.

2 posters

Daggerhorn

Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Coppers : 88149

Daggerhorn - Page 2 Empty Re: Daggerhorn

Post by Shilo Savage Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Thesus gave a small shrug, setting his apple beer on the counter. "Working in the shop, cutting wood for the shop, bugging Methias. You know, the usual."

Methias glanced at her and looked back to the gold. "I'm not saying that you will, I'm just saying it's not exactly safe," he said with just the slightest shrug.

Toby smiled at him and gave a slight blush. "Toby," she said as she gestured to herself, finding herself getting a little excited at the prospect of him coming.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Coppers : 88241

Post by Masquerade Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Anna Lee --

I nodded, letting my eyes wonder around the tavern as he spoke. Just because I was sitting down for a moment was no excuse to let anyone go without.
    "Nothing interesting happening then?" I asked, sighing a little.
    It seemed that besides the wolves and a couple of drunks each night, that nothing ever happened. At least, not where I heard of it.

Katherine --

I sighed, continuing to peek over his shoulder.
    "I know, I know, everyone keeps saying that."

Aaron --

"PLeasure to meet you Miss Toby," I responded, then hesitated a little. "How long are you giong to be here? Does your band already have a parting date planned?"
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Toby blushed slightly and gave a small nod. "As soon as winter is over...it's to late in the fall to keep traveling now. We'll get caught in the snow before we reach the next town."

Methias glanced at her again and gave a small smirk. "Why are you so against taking someone with you?"

"well,,,there was a wolf close to the wood pile the other day while I was gathering, but it just sorta...watched me. Didn't actually do anything," Thesus said with a slight shudder.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Sat May 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Aaron --

I couldn't help the pleased smile that came to my lips at that. It would be nice having the lovely girl around a bit longer.
    "That's a good idea, the not traveling just yet. Things can get hard aroun here in the winter."

Katherine--

"Please, I want to look at the starts. Anyone I take with me always seems to either a, want to talk the whole time, or b, leave as soon as they hear the smallest little sound. It's annoying."

Anna Lee --

My eyes widened, momentarily looking back to him.
    "Really?! What was that like? You had to have been freaked out."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Sat May 26, 2012 12:28 pm

"Everyone?" Methias asked with a soft chuckle. "I have yet to be asked, and I'm sure I wouldn't do either."

Thesus gave a small nod and sighed. "I don't know..it looked...almost familiar. I swear it had Buck's eyes." Buck had disappeared last year during the winter when the wolves were bad, and he'd been believed to be dead.

Toby gave a small nod, her fingers lacing in front of her. "I remember, I came here when I was little. But we haven't really traveled this way in a few years."
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Sat May 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Katherine --

"Well," I muttered, glancing down at the gift again. "Fine. If you think you wouldn't... come with me tonight."
    Who cares if I gave away that i wasn't just taking a walk. If he came... then perhaps people would leave me alone about going out at night.

Anna Lee --

I swallowed slowly, tearing my eyes away to check out the rest of the tavern once again.
    "...like Buck..? That's... impossible."

Aaron --

I nodded, rubbing my neck a little.
    "Then you know to watch out for the wolves...right? They're worse recentally it seems though...just... keep careful of them."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 pm

"I know it is, but I swear they looked just like him," Thesus said as he ran a hand through his hair. "It was so weird, like he was wanting to say something but couldn't. Then he jumped and ran as if something was threatening him."

Toby gave a small nod, her hands now wrapping around herself in a hug. "Yes, I know..they've been around the camp a few times. We have to post watch men at night."

Methias gave a small smile and glanced over at her. "As soon as I've finished this bracelet," he said with a nod. He then went about putting the finishing touches on the finely knotted golden bracelet and set it in the water to cool, steam rising from the barrel as he held it there.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Anna Lee --

I shook my head, glancing around the tavern a little, anywhere but him as I spoke.
    "That..." I paused, trying to come up with some sentence that made sense. "I... I believe you, you'd have no reason to lie to me... but that... makes no sense. It's not..."
    I broke off before I repeated myself, instead sliding to my feet as I glanced at his cup.
    "Want any more? I have to fill up others as well, so might as well do it now."

Katherine--

I peeked over his shoulder as he did it, trying not to get in the way too much. Once Methias was done I couldn't help but scoot a bit closer, admiring the bracelet with a wistful smile.
    "Beautiful as always..."

Aaron --

I nodded, frowning a little.
    "Be careful then, I'm sure your men are doing well... but those wolves.. well, they can be rather smart sometimes."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Thesus stared at her for a moment, his face falling slightly. "Nah, I'm good. Thanks though," he muttered, shaking his head as he finished off his drink. "I just wanted one, got a lot of work to do tomorrow. Wouldn't do me any good to go home drunk."

Methias chuckled and lifted it up out of the water, the metal still steaming as he set it on a well worn rag. "Now all that's left is to smooth and shine," he said with a small nod, taking a deep breath. "That can wait though." He looked back at her, noticing that all she had was her shawl. "You warm enough?"

Toby sighed and gave a small nod. "We had one man go missing last night," she said quietly.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue May 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Aaron--

"A man?" I asked, rubbing my neck.
    this wasn't good. That meant the wolves may have developed a taste for people again. That was never good.
    "That ... be careful, alright?"

Katherine --

I gave him a wry smile, tugging on my shawl at the look.
    "Yes, I'm fine. Its not that bad out "

Anna Le(brb)
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 am

Toby watched him, giving a small nod. "Of course," she said softly, looking around. "Will you be alright to go home on your own?...It'd be a pity to loose you too..."

Methias sighed and watched her as he pulled on his own jacket, then grabbed another just in case. He then gestured towards the door. "Lead the way," he said with a slight grin.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

Anna Lee --

"Sorry," I murmured, chewing on my lip a little. "Wouldn't do to sit over here and chatter with you when I have work to do. Mother would turn red in the face chewing me out."
    That said I gave him a final wave and walked from table to table, gathering orders and doing her best to avoid the touches of the customers that had, had a little too much to drink.

Aaron --

I gave her a small smile, turning a little towards the way we had come from.
    "I'll be fine, traveler these roads more times than I can count. Have a nice night...

Kathrine --

Smiling I stepped out into the night, looking up at the sky for a moment. It was a nice, clear night. Perfect for Stargazing. Glancing back to make sure he was still there I started towards the area I normally gazed. It was promising to be a nice night, with Mathias accompanying me and the wonderful weather.
    "Not far to the place.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 am

Thesus didn't say anything as she left, and he actually lingered in the bar for quiet awhile, drinking up the left overs from his friends, ultimately getting drunk.

Toby went over to him hesitantly as he started to leave and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Be careful," she said with a nod, her accent still thick on her words.

Methias gave a small nod and quickly followed after her, making sure to stay close by. It wouldn't do any good to be out here if he couldn't protect her from the wolves.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Anna Lee --

I finished filling the orders of the people who tended to stay late at the bar and sat for a moment, blushing at the stare of one of the men. Instead I looked to where Thesus had been and noted the fact he was still in place, the cups around him now empty. Frowning a little I made my way over to him, chewing on a lip.
    "Thesus ...? Are you going to...need some help home?"
    As I asked I gathered up the tankards, setting them on the tray they'd been served with earlier.

Aaron --

I couldn't help the flush that covered my cheeks at the small kiss. Pausing for a moment I gave her a smile in return, reaching out to tuck her hair behind an ear
    "Will be."
    Then I turned and began my walk home, already making plans for my return tomorrow.

Katherine--

As soon as we reached the place outside of the village I looked up, making sure that the sky was how I wanted it here as well. Satisfied I sweeper my dress underneath me before sitting down on the ground. Glancing at Mathias I held the telescope to my eye and gasped a little as I turned my head upwards.
    The stars looked so beautiful with that.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am

Thesus had his head down on the counter when she'd come to him, making him jump slightly, and groan at the pounding in his head. "Home?" He asked in a slurred voice. He rubbed his face before pushing himself up and off the stool, stumbling slightly and falling against one of the tables. "I got this," he said win a slurred mutter, though it was obvious he wasn't going to make it far without collapsing.

Toby watched him go, chewing her lip lightly. She uttered a soft prayer on his behalf, then turned and ducked into the tent.

Mathias chuckled as he watched her and the telescope. It was a good thing she liked it, it made all the money he'd spent on the supplies for it worth it. He sat beside her, his shoulder brushing gently against hers. "How's it look?"
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Anna Lee --

I giggled a little, then sighed.
    "No, you don't. Let me help you..."
    As I spoke I stepped forwards to steady him, glancing around us. I could get him home and be back before Mother and Father noticed... hopefully.

Aaron --

Making my way home I immediately crashed in my bed, feeling like I was forgetting something.
    It could wait till morning.

Katherine

I grinned, pulling it away long enough to look at him.
    "Wonderful! Everything is so clear... "
    Setting it in my lap I moved to give him a hug. That was the least I could do for the gift.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Thesus groaned and leaned against her some for support. "I am /p/erfectly fine," he said as he stumbled forward slightly. "Just a little...dizzy." He put a hand to his head, his brow furrowing as they walked out of the tavern and into the night. "Wanna know a secret?" He slurred.

Methias chuckled and hugged her back, taking in her scent. "I'm glad it works."

Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Anna Lee

I chuckled a little, helping him walk towards the direction I knew his house to be.
    "Are you sure you want to tell me? Secrets are secrets..." I said, then just shook my head a little. "If you want to though.. you're welcome."

Katherine --

After a short moment I pulled away, grinning at him as I picked it back up.
    "I am too! It's amazing."
    Putting it back to my eyes I followed the path of a constellation. This was turning out to be a wonderful night.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 pm

"I," Thesus said as he leaned closer to her as if trying to whisper in her ear. "Love Anna Lee...shhhh don't tel her though. Ok? She's not 'pose to know." He had his finger to his lips making a shushing motion. "She's not..not 'pose to know." He stumbled a bit, but managed to keep from falling over.

Methias chuckled and kept his arm around her to keep her close, just in case. He didn't want anything to happen to her after all.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Anna Lee

... he... what?

Just... what?

"You're drunk." I managed to tell him after a moment. "You do know who I am.. right?"

I wouldn't even consider that it might be true. Sure, I knew that lots of drunks told things they weren't supposed to be telling... but I wouldn't believe this one. After all... he was... him. And I... was just the bar girl.

Katherine --

I couldn't help but be very aware of his arm shill around me. I didn't say anything though, focusing more on the stars. He was like an older brother in a way, if anything I had to imagine that the touch was all protective like.
    After awhile my arms began to get tired and I lowered the scope, unable to hold back a yawn.
    "..." I wasn't going to be the one to say it was time to go.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Thesus' brow furrowed and he took a good long look at Anna before he shook his head slightly. "I'm not drunk," he protested, the head shaking being to the first part of her statement while the last was ignored. "I am a little....intoxicated," he said as he swayed and almost toppled over. "But I am not drrrrrunk. And I do love her..thass why I'm talking to the herds' man tomorrow, to see if I can convince him to not take her to wife, because she doesn't know this, but her father promised her to him. Shhhh don't tell her." He hiccuped before he let go of her and found a nice quiet spot in an alley to relieve his stomach.

Methias chuckled as he watched her, his eyes soft. "Tired?" He asked, his smile touching his eyes.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Anna Lee --

I stiffened, eyes widening as I took all this in.

The... herd's men? I... I was promised to him?

...and Thesus... loved me?

Shaking my head I walked over to help him straighten when he was done, urging him down the road. His house wasn't that far now.

"... do you think you'll convince him?"

Katherine --

I shook my head, trying to look more awake.
    "No, not a bit. I could stay out here all night long."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 pm

Methias chuckled, obviously not convinced. "Come on, time for bed," he said with a grunt as he stood. He then leaned down and picked her up bridal style and started to walk home with her. "It's going to be a long day tomorrow anyway, the gypsies came to town tonight. They'll be up early."

Thesus leaned more heavily on Anna this time, his eyes drooping. "Of course I will," he said with a nod. "Even if it means I do all his black smithing for free for the rest of his life. I'll convince him.....where are we going again?"
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Anna Lee --

I bit my lip, making an effort not to continue questioning him. It wasn't fair to do it like this, with him drunk and spilling everything. I...should wait till he's more awake.
    "To your house. Which is right..." she paused before the door, pushing it open with her foot. "Here."

Katherine --

I couldn't help but squeak when he picked me up, laughing and squirming a little. Then he shared the news about the gypsies making me freeze in place.
    "Really?! Are you going to see?!"
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Methias looked thoughtful as he carried her back to the village and to her house. "I'm not sure, I haven't quiet decided yet. I've got some orders I'd like to get a head start on..." He set her down in front of her door and sighed. "Well, this is your stop Miss Kathrine."

"Oh," Thesus said with a frown before he took a step inside and fell, bringing her with him by accident.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am