Daughters of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Destance, being different is a crime. Enter at your own risk, fight, fall, and die as one of them. Or perhaps, rise above it all. Maybe you can set them free.

2 posters

Daggerhorn

Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Coppers : 88241

Daggerhorn - Page 5 Empty Re: Daggerhorn

Post by Masquerade Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Aaron --

He frowned a little, nodding slowly.
    "You are right about that. If something like buying a girl happened around here the man would most likely be kicked out of the village, a real righteous lot we have here..." he paused, searching her face for a moment. "You wouldn't have a chance of being sold if you left... would you?"

Anna Lee --

She stiffened slightly when his hands touched her skin, then relaxed slowly as she kissed him. She would be given away soon, she shouldn't be allowing this. Yet... if she did... she shouldn't though...
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Coppers : 88149

Post by Shilo Savage Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Toby watched him for a moment then gave a small shake of the head. "No," she said with a soft smile. "But I cannot leave, I cannot be on my own. I must be wed. I would be disgraced, even killed if I was to leave on my own. It is not zee place of a woman. . .to explore." She looked down at her hands and gave a slight laugh, though it was not a happy one, merely one to try to break the tension. "My fate, is to be sold like all zee rest. Bed slaves, or worse...tent girls for other traveling bands for men to use at a price paid to our owners."

Thesus waited until she'd relaxed before he let his hands roam beneath her shirt, his shoulders sort of nudging her hands to encourage her to do the same, his kisses deepening. Perhaps...he could keep her if they spent the night together.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Aaron --

Aaron frowned further, eyes watching her for a moment as he considered this. Perhaps... well, a deal could be reached perhaps. The thought had barely crossed his mind before he rejected it, then it came back again. He needed a way to keep the village women from continually trying to set him up with girls, and she needed a way to keep from being sold as a bed slave. But.. could he even mention that to her.

"... perhaps we could help each other." he muttered slowly, hardly believing he was saying the words.

Anna Lee --

Slowly her hands began to explore under his shirt, eyes locked on him as she did. Her mind could barely grasp what was happening, but at the same time she was glad it was. If she was to be given to that man, at least she'd have some time with the one she really wanted.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Toby blinked and looked at him, tilting her head slightly. "And how do you suggest?" She asked, eyes narrowing slightly.

Thesus groaned softly when her hands touched his skin, and it wasn't long before he was starting to remove her of her clothes, whispering I love yous, and promises of always being together, that he'd find a way
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Aaron --

He hesitated, hand rubbing his neck again as he shrugged a little.
    "Well, the village women are always getting on to be about needing a wife, and you need a husband in order to leave. We wouldn't have to like each other, or do the part of the rolls... but you could be able to stay here... and my sister and I would be left in peace... to a point."
    After all, people still wouldn't like Katherine's ability to do as she pleased, but that couldn't be helped.

Anna Lee --

She'd tensed up slightly when he started to remove clothing, then relaxed again, fully aware that she was doing something she shouldn't. This was her choice though... and she choose him. That was all that mattered in her opinion right now. For once... she wasn't going to be the good girl.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Toby blinked and stared at him for a long moment. She looked down at her hands, and the clothes she was wearing then back to him. "...time. .to think?" She asked, trying her hardest to stay in English rather than in French.

It wasn't long before Thesus had them both stripped and in his bed. It was better than what he'd dreamed. When things had settled down, hours after they had started, he held her close beneath the covers and kissed the top of her head, the drunken state having worn off and left him with a only a hang over. "I love you, Anna Lee..."
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Anna Lee --

Cuddled against him she smiled, eyes tired but happy.
    "I love you too, Thesus..." she murmured, the words sounding wonderful in her ears. "I wish..."
    Anna Lee cut herself off, biting her lip. She wished they could be together and it be right. Just then her thoughts really hit her, and she pulled away, eyes going wide.
    "Thesus, the time." she managed to say. "My father... they'll have noticed..."

Aaron --

I nodded, relieved she hadn't taken any insult it seemed at the idea.
    "Yes, time, all the time you need."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Thesus blinked and frowned. "Shit.." he muttered and sat up. "Um . . .you could say you stopped at the gypsy camp on the way home because of Methias, he's there with Aaron's sister." He sat up and found her clothes, handing them to her.

Toby blushed and gave a small nod. "Alright," she said quietly, and glanced at the door. "I am not sure I want to go out zhere in zis. .. .what if my mother sees me?"
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Anna Lee --

She nodded, taking her clothes from him and managing to dress with shaky hands.
    "Th-that should work." she murmured, watching him with wide eyes. "I... Just... don't show up till tonight... alright?"
    She figured if he wasn't for sometime her story would be easier to believe. After all, he would expected to be there at some point. They were good friends... just... after her disappearance... it could start talk.

Aaron --

He frowned a little, considering the situation. Then giving her a broad smile he offered his hand.
    "You can tell her a wealthy man was interested in the camp, and invited you to dance with him. He planned on spending lots of money while being here on gifts for you if you spent the time to do so. That's stretching my wealth a little... but it's not that far off."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Toby blushed and gave a small nod. "Alright," she said as she looked at the door to the tent. Slowly she made her way out and hesitantly started to dance, her mind weighed down with the thoughts of what he'd offered her. Could she really marry him? He wanted nothing in return. .. would that be right? Was she that appalling to look at that he didn't want her? It wasn't long until she'd lost herself in the dance though, and the thoughts that held her mind were in the back of her mind, nagging only slightly at her.

Thesus nodded and pulled on his pants, standing and going over to her. He kissed her again, and held her close. "I love you," he repeated. "I will talk to the Shepard again."
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:44 am

Anna Lee --

She nodded, leaning against him for a moment and closing her eyes.
    "I hope... he says yes, Thesus..." she murmured before tilting her head up at him and opening her eyes. "I hope to God that he says yes..."
    Then slowly she pulled away, smiling at him regretfully. Anna Lee turned, hating the fact she couldn't stay, and made her way out of the house. The sooner she was back to the tavern the better. Hopefully her father hadn't sent anyone out looking for her. It was doubtful... but possible.

Aaron --

He watched her with a pleasant smile, attempting to push away any thoughts of his offer. It wouldn't do him any good to be dwelling on it until she told him what she'd decided. Although, it surprised him that he'd even managed to say the words, speaking to women had never been his strong-point, especially when they weren't his sister or some meddling townswoman.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 am

It was a couple hours before Toby decided to stop dancing. She had a smile on her face and her hair had fallen into her face some. She looked over at Aaron and blinked, the offer coming back to the front of her mind. She swallowed and walked over to him slowly. She knew what she wanted, and she knew what was right. If she was going to be someone's wife, she was going to do everything that was expected of a wife.
    Gently she took his hand and lead him back into the tent, turning her back to him so he could undo the strings to her top that he had tied. " . . .. .I have.. .decided," she said slowly.

Thesus watched her go before sitting on his bed. He ran a hand through his hair, letting the gravity of what had just been done sink in. He looked at the bed and ran a hand over the spot where she'd been laying. A new determination filled him and he quickly dressed, leaving to find the Shepard.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Aaron --

He'd reached up to undo the top, pausing for a moment when she spoke. Taking a deep breath he continued to help her with the tie, carefully keeping his voice steady as he did.
    "You have?" he asked. "And what have you decided?"
    He didn't want to betray his sudden fear when she'd said that. He couldn't decide whether an answer this quickly to his proposal would be a bad thing. After all... she barely knew him.

Anna Lee--

She quickly made her way back to the tavern, bowing her head upon entry. She noted the curious looks some of the late comers gave her, and the firey look from her mother. Hoping to put off the explanation for as long as she could, Anna Lee picked up her apron from behind the counter and began taking orders and serving drinks from the bar. Sooner or later she'd have to face her mother, she'd prefer later.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Toby gave a small nod, though didn't turn to face him, instead she kept facing forward as she held the top in place. ".. . .I have decided. .. that I will tell you. . .what you get.. .then you decide if you want yes or no," she said with a nod. "Because. . .I think you are good man, you don't know me and you offer to 'save' me." She went over and grabbed her dress, slipping it on before she took the top the rest of the way off. She looked at him, her skirt still on under the dress. "Because you are a good man. .. I would accept," she said softly. "And I know this town is good man," she nodded. "But. . .because I would be your wife. .. .I will do whatever a wife should do... including have children," she stared at the ground, blushing as she said this. "If and when you want. .. .this," she gestured to both of them as a meaning of the agreement. "Mean I will be yours, only yours, no one else, ever. . .so you decide if you are ready for that, or at least. ..ready to accept that I will be only yours, even if we do not share a bed until you are ready."
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Aaron--

His eyes grew wide as he watched her for a moment. A broad smile was growing across his face as he slowly nodded, happiness filling him. He only had to consider it for a moment, the fact that this beautiful woman was willing to commit herself to him, completely, as his wife.
    "I would be happy to agree to that," he said. "And I promise in return, I will treat you as a man should treat his wife. I also agree to be only yours, as it should be."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Toby blinked, a little shocked, but a smile slowly spread across her face. "Oui?" She asked, nodding. "Yes?" she repeated in English, trying to keep from going back to French. "We marry?"
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Aaron --

An even bigger grin crossed his face as he nodded in return.
    "Yes, we marry." he paused then, hesitating as a fact came to his mind. "I... have a sister... she is... unwed. She lives with me... would you... mind that?"
    This hadn't occurred to him to ask earlier, but now he realized it was important. Some girls may resent their husband having a sister living in the same housing. It could be... difficult if they didn't get along.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Toby blinked and tilted her head. "No, no I do not mind," she said with a bit of a smile. Hesitantly she crossed the tent over to him and took one of his hands in both of hers. "Thank you," she said softly and brought his hand to her lips and gave it a very light kiss.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Aaron --

He gave a sigh of relief, blushing slightly when she kissed his hand. For a moment his mind cursed him for not having thought of doing that himself, after all, he was supposed to be the gentlemen here. Then he dismissed the idea, thinking to himself that being a gentlemen was all and well when it was needed, but it didn't mean letting his pride getting in the way of politeness. Instead, he offered her another smile, eyes watching her carefully.
    "... what shall we do now?" he questioned quietly. "... would it be wise... to tell your mother?"
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Toby stared at his hand for a long moment, rolling the question over in her mind as her fingers lightly brushed over the top of his. "You. .. talk to my mama," she said with a nod as she looked up at him, her eyes meeting his. "Mama will be happy, but you have to be nice."
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Aaron --

He grinned, watching her fingers for a moment before flipping his hand to hold hers, squeezing it gently.
    "I will be as nice as I can. Which I assure you," he paused, giving her a teasing smile. "Is nice enough to calm even the most poor tempered meddling old woman in my village."
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Toby blushed as he held her hand, and giggled at his statement. "Good! Because my mother is very poor tempered when it comes to men." She let go of his hand after a moment and quickly slipped out of her skirt so she was only in her dress and slipped her shoes back on. "We go now," she said with a small nod as she slipped her hand back into his and lead him from the tent to find her mother.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Aaron --

He easily followed her, working out in his mind what to say. He definitely didn't want to insult the woman. Aaron figured this would probably be his only chance to impress her, so he'd better make it good.

Katherine --

They'd been there for awhile, Katherine losing interests in the stalls and becoming more and more distracted by the dancers and other performers.
    "Oh, Methias." she said, eyes shining. "Wouldn't it be amazing to live like them? No rules... just... getting to do that all the time?"
    She gestured at one of the dancers as she spoke, mind whirling. She hated how the village girls and woman looked at her and muttered among themselves. So what if she liked going out on her own at night and looking to the stars, or was more interested in book learning than a woman should be. She... couldn't see what was wrong with bending the rules... and these people seemed to be breaking them.
    Shilo Savage
    Shilo Savage

Post by Shilo Savage Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Methias watched her and gave a small shrug. "I'd imagine it'd be a very difficult life," he said as they walked. "Very unstable." His eyes fell on Aaron and his brow raised, though he didn't say anything about it, instead he looked back to Kathrine and sighed. "I believe that your freedom is very much determined by your mindset."

Toby led him over to the old woman he had met the night before and glanced at Aaron before looking back at her mother. "Mama," she said quietly. The woman looked up and at the two smiling until her eyes caught site of their hands. Suspicion seemed to cloud her face. "Mama. . Aaron, euh, il veut m'épouser. Il est un homme bon, s'il vous plaît mère, l'entendre?"
    The woman glanced at her daughter then back to him and Toby gave him a small nod as if giving him the que to speak.
    Masquerade
    Masquerade
    Admin

Post by Masquerade Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Aaron --

He took a deep breath, attempting to bring anything that would work to the front of his mind, but as soon as he opened his mouth it was as everything he'd been planning to say dropped away, leaving his head blank.
    "It's a.. erm... pleasure to meet you." he began awkwardly, blushing as he did. "You have an amazing daughter, ma'am. I... have... um..."
    He broke off, running his free hand through his hair as he attempted to recover any of his earlier bravo when he'd said that he could speak to any woman.
    "I've asked her if she would marry me. I .. erm have a good buisness, ma'am. Plenty of money to build a home on. Your daughter would be well cared for. I ain't a drinker, ma'am, so no need worry about that... I guess what I'm asking, is if we could have your blessing."
    As he finished his face turned bright red, conscious of the messed he'd made as he'd spoke.

Katherine --

She didn't notice her brother, eyes too focused on the dancers as she considered what Mathias had said.
    "I suppose it might be, and you're probably right about the last as well... that doesn't stop me from wishing for it though. It... looks wonderful." she paused, turning to look at him then with a mischievous smile. "Have you ever danced with a gypsy girl?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 am